I haven’t done a Foodie Friday in awhile and I make these for my lunch every now and then and love them, so I thought I would share. I eyeball this recipe so my amounts are approximate or you can judge according to how much you want to make. Enjoy!
- Olive oil, only a drizzle
- Onions, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Carrots, diced
- Celery, sliced thin
- 1 head of iceburg lettuce, leaves removed to form cups
- Chicken (whatever amount you want to eat cut into small pieces)
- Any BBQ or hot sauce you have at home (I eyeball how much I use as I cook)
- Salt and pepper
- Blue cheese, cheddar or whatever dressing you may want to drizzle on top
- In a skillet, saute onions in a drizzle of olive oil until soft (a few minutes), then add the garlic and cook for about another minute. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Brown the chicken until cooked through.
- Add your BBQ or hot sauce to the pan and simmer for a few minutes.
- Get your lettuce cups and spoon meat mixture into them. Top with carrots, celery and any cheese or dressing you chose.Wrap up and they are ready to eat!
Have a fabulous weekend!