A Style Blog
Now that this week’s forecast seems to be way less humid here in the northeast, I think I can finally say that I am ready for fall and all it brings. Actually, I have no choice, really, since the school year has started and all my littles’ activities start this week! But, I have to say that I love the cooler weather and am actually starting to look forward to some sweaters and boots. Of course, I am also looking forward to warm apple cider and pumpkin everything too. Just saying…
As you can see, I am really digging a neutral palette. I am really drawn to grays this season. Above are a few of the pieces that I have added to my closet. At first I was having some trouble finding pieces that I wanted to add but I am thinking that was sort of a shopper’s block (sort of like a writer’s block). My Husband could have told you that it wouldn’t last long! Have a great week. I may be hit or miss this week but I will come around to a regular schedule soon!
THE LOOK :: DRESS, J. Crew :: BAG, Totes Galore (Socialbliss) :: HEADBAND, Anthropologie :: 3-DISC NECKLACE, Gorjana :: TURQUOISE NECKLACE, Influence (Socialbliss) :: SUNGLASSES, Ann Taylor :: BRACELET, (via Socialbliss) :: SANDALS, Boden (not online anymore but how cute are these and on sale!)
Just a short little post today to show you a piece of my Labor Day weekend style. I am finally starting to accept that summer is over with even my little preschooler starting back-to-school next week. :-( So sad to see the summer go! It was way to short this year! I’m trying to get used to my new fall schedule and, well, it is hectic—so please bear with me as I get used to everything! Today’s post is also about my August Socialbliss #thestylebox!!! Above you see the pieces I have styled from this month’s box (bag, necklace and bracelet)! It was a great box and I’ll give you the rundown below of what was inside.
The end of summer box included:
1. This beautiful pink tote that I have in the images has become a fast favorite. It is by Totes Galore and I really love the laser-cut design. It is soft and big and it fits all my stuff and then the littles’ stuff too!
2. The turquoise necklace I am wearing is also from the stylebox and it has this perfect acorn shape. It is so pretty and here I am layering it with another dainty necklace but I will also be wearing it alone for a simple, classic look. I love dainty necklaces so this is right up my alley.
3. The double cuff bracelet that I am wearing is a great everyday piece! I wish I had it for my goddess look I did the other week! It would have been a perfect accessory!
4. The wiser visor is the coolest hat! It is a papillon visor with an extra-wide brim that you place around your forehead and velco in the back. Great for hot weather and for NOT having hat hair!
5. Lastly, there was metallic tattoos by the Pi Collection. They were super cute, but my daughter saw them and that was it…She took them and I have no idea where she hid them. She obviously wanted them for herself!
I love being an Insider with Socialbliss! If you love fashion, style and beauty I highly suggest you sign up! The subscription is only $39.95 per month (this month’s was over $170 worth of products) and you will receive products valued over $100. If you have any questions about it, let me know! And like I always say—If it wasn’t worth it, I would tell you!
Sorry so short today! I will be posting about the fall pieces that I purchased over the Labor Day weekend. Wasn’t there some good sales!? Let me know which ones you liked best and what fun pieces you found this holiday!
Every year my Hubby’s workplace has a company wide picnic for their employees. They pick different places to go every year and this year it was the Battleship New Jersey. So we were on the Camden Waterfront across the Delaware River from Penn’s Landing. We could not have asked for a better day. It was a beautiful sunny, cool day! It was a history-filled day as we got a great tour of the vessel both as a museum and a memorial. These ships were huge…amazing to see in person that these “cities on water” had so many men on them all with very specific jobs. Scary to think of the war that they were encountering while aboard. It makes me even more thankful to those who serve our country to protect freedom.
The last picture, above, I found fascinating. I think it was called “the hall of mirrors.” It definitely does not have any mirrors, but that is actually the hallway of this huge ship going on and on!
This is a dress that I picked up the beginning of the summer. I love the racer-back top portion and the floral design on bottom. The sandals were one on my favorite pair this summer!
Thanks for reading on this wonderful Tuesday! Make it a great week!
I’m not sure if I have been really, really busy with the start of school here or if I am still in denial about summer slipping away, but I haven’t seen a ton that has caught my eye for fall. I am really sad that the long, lazy days of summer went by way too quickly —so my guess is that I am in DENIAL all the way! However, I will say that I have seen gray be the “it” color of fall fashion and I love it! I am finding when I do go looking for my fall wardrobe that I am drawn toward all the grays. Gray is a great color for so many reasons: 1) It is neutral. 2) It comes in a variety of shades. 3) It is so versatile! You can add a pop of color to gray and bring it to the next level or keep it calm and collected in all neutral shades.
The booties above I love! I have eying them up for some time but Social Society is out of my size in the fennel color. Boo! I am patiently waiting for them to restock! Wouldn’t they look great with a nice skinny jean and an oversized tee or tunic? It is a great go-to look. I love the texture on the sweater above too! Normally, this time of the year I would have it together for fall but I am slacking this year. I can blame it all on this denial. Summer please stay!
Hi everyone and happy Tuesday! This post is coming at you on a Tuesday instead of Monday because my little princess went back to school on Monday. So—instead of working Sunday night on my posts for the week, I was making sure that she was prepared for school!
I love this dress. I was actually at Kohl’s running around in search of a present and I passed this dress. I stopped and looked and then ran to do my errands, only to come right back to it after I finished shopping. See, I knew that I would be going to South Carolina soon and this dress screams beachy…doesn’t it? I couldn’t pass it up and here you see me wearing it for the Hubby and I’s date night on the beach. A white flowy dress is a summer beach staple for me and I loved the see-through bottom. A dress like this really brings out the inner goddess in a girl don’t you think?
Don’t mind the weird tan that I got on my face…I had my sunglasses on and I think I tanned all around them! Funny!
I hope everyone is having a great week! Stop back!
What do all these products have in common…read on to find out!
I love the name of this post, but seriously this isn’t just for mamas out there, but also for any woman who is super busy and looking to stay put together on limited time. We have had a few vacations this year, I work from home with my communication business, I enjoy putting this blog together, but then I am doing my very best to be the most perfectly imperfect wife and mom and, well, it gets hectic! Here are a few tips for any of you beautiful ladies out there who want to look great but would like those extra minutes to spend with your loved one, babies or <insert here> whatever would do with your free time.
1. Dry or scaly feet—no problem! Tip: I read in a magazine a long, long time ago that putting a balm or cream on your feet, then putting your socks on and working out! I know it sounds kinda gross, but seriously when you don’t have time for a pedi the combo of moisture and heat make your feet so soft and smooth! Here is what I am currently using. I know, I know — it says hand care, but it works just as great for your feet!
2. Toe nails look a little yellow from all that nail polish you have worn all summer? Tip: Have whitening toothpaste? I doesn’t matter what kind. Squirt out of container and put in your hand, then put it on your toenails being sure to cover them completely. Wait ten minutes and read a book. Then get a toothbrush and scrub your toes and then wash off. Perfect! It brightens and whitens your toenails in a pinch. I think the more you do this the better results that you may get. This is what I am currently using.
3 Frizzy hair. Tip: I live with this being that my hair is curly/wavy and I have no control in humidity! What has worked for me – buy any deep conditioner mask (I use ones that say moisture because I need it!) Either put it through your hair from shaft to ends overnight (I wet hair, place conditioner in, put in a bun, place a hand towel on my pillow and sleep) or put the deep conditioner in shaft to ends and then put in a braid and go to the pool or beach. When you wash your hair it will be so soft and smooth! What I am using now.
4. Dry skin on your face. Tip: Normally my skin is pretty good, but at least two times a year get plagued with some dry skin on my face. I almost always get dry skin at least once in the cold winter northeastern months here, but also in the summer when I have been on the beach for many days in a row. I put this mask on my face, let it dry and sleep with it on overnight. Rinse off in the morning. This is what I have been using.
5. Take care of your hands. Tip: I leave a tube of hand cream by my bed so that every night when I write in my journal I remember to put on my hand cream. So many ladies forget to take care of their hands too! Once it becomes a ritual it is super simple each night! Right now I am using extreme repair hand cream that I got via my spa lady with Beauticontrol Sharon. You might remember that we did a give away with her not too long ago. She sells some ah-mazing products!
Hope everyone liked this take 5 on saving time in the beauty department. If there is anything else that you would like me to write about please let me know!
The Look: NECKLACE, Old (love this one) :: TANK, J. Crew :: MAXI SKIRT, Stitchfix (similar here) :: BAG, Sole Society, (not online anymore, similar here) :: SANDALS, Nordstrom :: SUNGLASSES, Ann Taylor
Hello everyone! It is so good to be back! Sorry that I was MIA last week, but I needed the time to relax and recharge on my vacation with the fam. It felt great to take time to really relax! (Check out all my #latergrams going up on my Instagram account @bellaperfectionista!) So, with that said we went down south to South Carolina to spend our last vacation of the summer. There was a sign up in one of the restaurants we ate at that said, “No one retires up north.” Ha! Very true! My Hubby and I so easily could be gypsies . We love new places and learning about cultures so we try to visit different places as much as we can. I wish we were still on vacation, but I have been buried under a pile of laundry since yesterday that I climbed out of to write this post. Back to reality for me!
We stayed in these adorable and colorful cottages for our time there (and we played miniature golf so many times with the littles). Hope everyone is having a great week. Stop back!
Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale goes until Aug. 4th and here are a few items that I am still craving. I obviously won’t be able to get the gamut but these are what I would if I could. I got these boots from the sale so far and I cannot wait to pair them up with some skinny jeans and sweaters in the fall. I have been hit or miss here this week, so thank you for sticking with me. Tons of stuff happening on the home-front (all good) but I just can’t find enough hours in a day! I have been craving doing some home decorating and these pieces called out to me. Also, all I can say about the sign in the home collage above is that we are full-blooded Italians. If you are Italian you will totally get that sign because the chances are your family is just the same