A Style Blog
I have noticed that I have gotten quite a few new readers recently and I thought it would be a great time to introduce myself to everyone. It is always nice to get a glimpse of the writer behind the blog and honestly, I have loved reading similar types of posts from blogs that I visit regularly. I have to say this past month has been pretty busy and I haven’t gotten to write as much as I would like to…I will tell everyone why very soon! But in the meantime, if you haven’t gotten to know me through some of my posts here’s a way to get a quick glimpse….
10 Things You Don’t Know About Me
1. I read like crazy. Really I do. If I fall in love with a book you might need a megaphone to get through to me. Books are our chance to reach outside our reality and into another. I have had a lifelong love of reading.
2. Writing makes me feel good. Every time I take one of those little quizzes on Facebook or anywhere, you know the ones that say, “what profession are you really supposed to be doing,” I without a doubt get writer. Which I guess is good because it is what I do. There is something about writing that is so freeing and absolutely cleansing. I hope soon to write my own book.
3. I miss painting. If you haven’t noticed by now I obviously use the right side of my brain. I am a complete creative soul. I used to paint with water color and oil. I love working with pastels and charcoal too. My grandmother feed my ability from a very young age and supplied me with the most beautiful papers and art supplies imaginable to put my dreams on paper. Since having my littles and working I haven’t had much time for this, but the best part is my daughter loves, loves this too and I can pass the time with her creating so I think I will soon get back into this favorite hobby.
4. I sew. A few years ago I decided that I wanted to sew. I know what I had learned through my great grandmother (the woman had magic hands that could sew anything beautifully) so after my grandmother equipped me with her 1950s Singer machine, I just had to get right to it. I love my 2 hours of time a week to go to the studio where I learn to sew and just create. It is definitely a type of therapy.
5. I wish I played the piano. I love the piano, it is by far my favorite instrument. Growing up I didn’t have one to learn on but I now have a family heirloom that was passed down to me through my aunt. My daughter wants to play so it is on my bucket list to learn someday soon too.
6. I am a gypsy at heart. I love to travel and if I could go to Europe all the time — it is what I would do. More than that I love culture and learning about how other people live. It enamors me every time.
7. I am obsessed with Downton Abbey. Truly. I love it… I am so excited that in January I can finally get my fill each Sunday night.
8. I love being a mom. It is the best thing that ever happened to me. The love that I feel for my littles is something that could never be replicated. Those little cuties are my world.
9. I am super organized. I am someone who can not use my iPhone for storing and scheduling my life. I need a planner and I love a great planner. I schedule my meetings, appointments, kid’s activities, everything through my favorite little book. I write notes to myself in that same book and jot ideas in it.
10. I love home decor. HomeGoods is one of my favorite stores. I mean, if you read the blog you know that I love fashion and love a good trend but over the years I have grown to love decorating my home. I only allow myself in these types of stores on occasion because I could just go wild in there!
So if you are new to reading the blog, it is nice to meet you. I know for sure that December and the beginning of January I might not be around my little corner of the world wide web much, but I promise I will get back into the swing of blogging come the new year. Until then check back to catch me here and there.
Go ahead and make it a great Monday!
My Look Details :: Tunic, Macy’s (on sale!) :: Leggings, Macy’s (not available on line anymore, but I love these and they are on sale.) :: Boots, Macy’s (on sale!) :: Bag, Sole Society, Similar here (and on sale!)
I hope everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving! I found this small shoot that I did when I was in Atlantic City a few weeks ago. I decided to post because I think it is great winter wear. I love, love this sweater and I find I want to wear it all the time and since it is now on sale, I am definitely going to grab another color! I love patterned leggings and they add such interest to an outfit. The boots are great too. I wear them so often. This are Vince Camuto boots and if you have been reading for a while I love his boot styles. The bag is one that I bought at Sole Society and I have to say I always pick up a Sole Society for my every day bags. I love them! Hope this look gives you some great inspiration for every day style.
I am not a huge Black Friday shopper—I am more of a Cyber Monday girl. I have littles so point and click work better for me This year I didn’t post sales for Black Friday, because well, almost everything is on sale! Hope you have a fabulous Cyber Monday…wishes for awesome deals.
I have curated a few options for the “what to wear on Thanksgiving Day blues” above. I find it is a day a lot of people are thinking what in the world should I wear today?!?! I think it is because it is a day where eating takes the main stage so many people question — do Idress up or dress down? I venture on the more comfortable side myself. I love to throw pops of red into Thanksgiving wear because it is officially the start of the holiday season. Lots of deals on Black Friday are coming your way too! I actually don’t go out shopping on Black Friday, believe it or not, but you could wear either look 1 or 3 with a nice comfortable shoe on Black Friday and hit the road. I don’t like crowds at all so I cozy up at home and usually decorate for the holidays or bake and sometimes find a few deals online. Hope you get some inspiration from these looks to either look in your own closet to create a similar style or snag a few items to recreate one of these looks. Hope everyone makes it a great week!!!
I have gotten a lot of questions about cold weather wear so here is a post that reflects my go-to winter wear—sweater dresses. No one seems to be more freezing than me when the temperature drops! Here, I was in Atlantic City celebrating my birthday weekend. It was a chilly night where I knew I would be walking from place to place out on the boards so booties fit the bill. Believe me, I have been there with heels that slide in between the boards—so not fun—a chunky heel is a must! Sweater dresses you can dress up, dress down and stay warm! I opted for a tighter sweater dress since we were going out to dinner and a concert but they come in all shapes and you can stay stylish all while being warm.
I just ordered a few different ones to rotate with all the holiday functions coming up! I got to see a favorite singer of mine this night, Laura Pausini. For those that don’t know her, she is an Italian singer with a beautiful voice. To make a long story short, I heard her from afar the first time I visited Italy (when I was visiting Verona) and ever since she has been a favorite. Her voice reminds me of the wonder and beauty of my first visit to a country I love.
I hope everyone had an amazing week and has a great weekend. As the weather starts to get cooler, to down right cold, remember sweater dresses are a great option!
My Look Details :: Sunglasses, Ann Taylor :: Necklace, J. Crew (similar here):: Sweater, Old Navy :: Blazer, J. Crew Factory (similar here in a dark gray) :: Jeans, Just Black via Stitchfix :: Booties, Macy’s :: Bag, Sole Society
So this past week I have been so sick and even writing now, I feel like my ear and throat are on fire! I picked up some nasty little virus from somewhere, somehow and for the past five days I have been way less than 100%. I give up—the virus wins, I just hope that I can start to feel better soon because my week ahead is busy, busy busy!
This is a look that I wore to Winterthur with the family. The Hubby and I traveled to Delaware and did our own little photo session with the littles. I love Winterthur and if you live in the area and haven’t visited, you are missing out on some great grounds and they also have a ton of events throughout the year. We got our shots and I like a ton of them. Now comes the difficult part of picking out my favorites for our Christmas card! I was creating this post and thinking this look is kind of 50 shades of gray (literally, the outfit is all different shades of gray)! Loving the gray color this fall season!
Hope you find some casual style inspiration! Make it a great week!
My Look Details :: Sunglasses, Ann Taylor :: Sweater, J. Crew Factory (on sale!) :: Jeans, J. Crew (similar here) :: Boots, Vince Camuto via Macy’s :: Necklace, Space via Socialbliss :: Bag, Nordstrom (similar here)
I have been doing my best to get posts up as soon as I can, but my communication business has been very busy and, well, being a mom and wife have also been high up on the list, so this can sometimes fall to the back burner :-). There are only so many hours in the day and I would love to have more of them, so if you know a way to do that—please, pretty please fill me in! I know that I am not alone, us moms juggle so many things at once and sometimes it is difficult to find the balance, so I have to let a few balls drop for sanity’s sake! But in any case, this is a the look post that I have been promising!
This past weekend, we went to New Hope. It isn’t close to where we live but we always take the ride a few times a year. This weekend it was to check out the scarecrows that they had all around the shops near and around Peddlers Village. They do this every year and we love to check out all the neat and creative scarecrows along the walkways. My littles love it and it is just a perfect fall day outing.
And before I forget, I also want to mention this necklace that I have been loving (above in the post) is from Socialbliss‘ #thestylebox! I got a great box that I haven’t been able to properly review yet—but this necklace and an adorable midi ring (that I am wearing you just can’t see) as well as, an awesome clutch and mascara came in my September box. I hope to review them all soon!
This is a casual look for a comfy day out with lots of walking. Hope you find some inspiration here for some other fall comfy looks. Hope your fall has been awesome so far! Have a great week!
I am really not blue, but I love the color blue in all shades for home decor. I love to have a fairly neutral room and then have pops of color throughout. I have been itching to do some interior decorating and this is my way to keep it at bay—at least for a while! I usually make my own pillows and napkins, if I can find the fabric that I am looking for, but I haven’t attempted to make a tablecloth yet, which is on my list of to-dos. Right now, I am also loving grays too. I am dreaming of soon being able to add a tab for home decorating here on the blog. What colors do you love when decorating your home? I love to use Pinterest to get my inspiration and then I run with it from there…but until then I will dream of all the amazing rooms that I could create. My Hubby thought I was crazy the other night as I sat on the couch tagging colors on a Sherwin Williams color wheel that I have—this is actual fun for me, sad I know. I have not stepped into Home Goods in awhile because we need to get settled and know where we will be in the next few years, so it could turn into a disaster since I very rarely get in and out without wanting a whole lot! —I need to be good. But you can bet that some of these pieces or very close to them will show up somewhere in the new decor—whenever the time is here.
Hope everyone is having a great week. Stop back! New look coming soon!
I had a great time at the Main Line Fashion Week (#MLFW) Runway Show! Tons of Main Line fashionistas showed up to witness some of the coolest (or maybe warmest) trends of the season. This was the 2nd annual show and I was lucky enough to be at the 1st annual as well, you can check that out here! This year it was at Immaculata University in Malvern. This event is so special because it brings together boutique retailers who showcase their collections in their “Philadelphia’s western suburbs style” (yeah, I made that one up but it is true!) This year the Main Line Boutiques featured in the runway show were Nich, Orgotton, Revivals, Obvi, Posh and K. Nicole. I love, love the cape pictured above and that cobalt blue is just beautiful!
I loved watching as each new look came out and down the runway. It is so inspiring! I am normally one of those geeks sitting there with my camera and notebook in hand jotting down ideas and what I love so that I don’t forget. Obviously, it was no different this year! I tried to get good shots of each collection as I sat there in my glory watching all the fashion float by. My favorite collection was Orgotton. I loved their simple, classy pieces that came out, but don’t get me wrong they were all amazing!
I love shopping at boutiques as much as I can. My reasons are:
1. You can find clothes that are unique. When I buy at a boutique, I know that I am not going to see those pieces on everyone like I would buying from a big retailer. In other words, there is more diversity and you can express your individuality even better! You can be a trendsetter!
2. Shopping locally puts your dough right back into the local economy. (And it helps local designers too!)
3. Service! When I shop in boutiques and have questions, I always find great service.
If you love fashion, like the Main Line Fashion Week’s Facebook page so you are on top of information for next year’s events! This year they had an industry panel, the runway show and then a marketplace to “shop the looks” the Friday after the show. I was so bummed I couldn’t make it to the marketplace! I volunteered at an event that was happening at the same time, and I haven’t figured out that whole clone thing yet—but you can bet I will be there next year. I know for sure I will be stopping in my local boutiques soon to pick up some great, modern pieces for my winter wardrobe. Also, a shout out to my good friend, Lisa, who came out and made the night even more fun!
Make it a great Monday!