A Style Blog
I’m not sure if I have been really, really busy with the start of school here or if I am still in denial about summer slipping away, but I haven’t seen a ton that has caught my eye for fall. I am really sad that the long, lazy days of summer went by way too quickly —so my guess is that I am in DENIAL all the way! However, I will say that I have seen gray be the “it” color of fall fashion and I love it! I am finding when I do go looking for my fall wardrobe that I am drawn toward all the grays. Gray is a great color for so many reasons: 1) It is neutral. 2) It comes in a variety of shades. 3) It is so versatile! You can add a pop of color to gray and bring it to the next level or keep it calm and collected in all neutral shades.
The booties above I love! I have eying them up for some time but Social Society is out of my size in the fennel color. Boo! I am patiently waiting for them to restock! Wouldn’t they look great with a nice skinny jean and an oversized tee or tunic? It is a great go-to look. I love the texture on the sweater above too! Normally, this time of the year I would have it together for fall but I am slacking this year. I can blame it all on this denial. Summer please stay!
Hi everyone and happy Tuesday! This post is coming at you on a Tuesday instead of Monday because my little princess went back to school on Monday. So—instead of working Sunday night on my posts for the week, I was making sure that she was prepared for school!
I love this dress. I was actually at Kohl’s running around in search of a present and I passed this dress. I stopped and looked and then ran to do my errands, only to come right back to it after I finished shopping. See, I knew that I would be going to South Carolina soon and this dress screams beachy…doesn’t it? I couldn’t pass it up and here you see me wearing it for the Hubby and I’s date night on the beach. A white flowy dress is a summer beach staple for me and I loved the see-through bottom. A dress like this really brings out the inner goddess in a girl don’t you think?
Don’t mind the weird tan that I got on my face…I had my sunglasses on and I think I tanned all around them! Funny!
I hope everyone is having a great week! Stop back!
What do all these products have in common…read on to find out!
I love the name of this post, but seriously this isn’t just for mamas out there, but also for any woman who is super busy and looking to stay put together on limited time. We have had a few vacations this year, I work from home with my communication business, I enjoy putting this blog together, but then I am doing my very best to be the most perfectly imperfect wife and mom and, well, it gets hectic! Here are a few tips for any of you beautiful ladies out there who want to look great but would like those extra minutes to spend with your loved one, babies or <insert here> whatever would do with your free time.
1. Dry or scaly feet—no problem! Tip: I read in a magazine a long, long time ago that putting a balm or cream on your feet, then putting your socks on and working out! I know it sounds kinda gross, but seriously when you don’t have time for a pedi the combo of moisture and heat make your feet so soft and smooth! Here is what I am currently using. I know, I know — it says hand care, but it works just as great for your feet!
2. Toe nails look a little yellow from all that nail polish you have worn all summer? Tip: Have whitening toothpaste? I doesn’t matter what kind. Squirt out of container and put in your hand, then put it on your toenails being sure to cover them completely. Wait ten minutes and read a book. Then get a toothbrush and scrub your toes and then wash off. Perfect! It brightens and whitens your toenails in a pinch. I think the more you do this the better results that you may get. This is what I am currently using.
3 Frizzy hair. Tip: I live with this being that my hair is curly/wavy and I have no control in humidity! What has worked for me – buy any deep conditioner mask (I use ones that say moisture because I need it!) Either put it through your hair from shaft to ends overnight (I wet hair, place conditioner in, put in a bun, place a hand towel on my pillow and sleep) or put the deep conditioner in shaft to ends and then put in a braid and go to the pool or beach. When you wash your hair it will be so soft and smooth! What I am using now.
4. Dry skin on your face. Tip: Normally my skin is pretty good, but at least two times a year get plagued with some dry skin on my face. I almost always get dry skin at least once in the cold winter northeastern months here, but also in the summer when I have been on the beach for many days in a row. I put this mask on my face, let it dry and sleep with it on overnight. Rinse off in the morning. This is what I have been using.
5. Take care of your hands. Tip: I leave a tube of hand cream by my bed so that every night when I write in my journal I remember to put on my hand cream. So many ladies forget to take care of their hands too! Once it becomes a ritual it is super simple each night! Right now I am using extreme repair hand cream that I got via my spa lady with Beauticontrol Sharon. You might remember that we did a give away with her not too long ago. She sells some ah-mazing products!
Hope everyone liked this take 5 on saving time in the beauty department. If there is anything else that you would like me to write about please let me know!
The Look: NECKLACE, Old (love this one) :: TANK, J. Crew :: MAXI SKIRT, Stitchfix (similar here) :: BAG, Sole Society, (not online anymore, similar here) :: SANDALS, Nordstrom :: SUNGLASSES, Ann Taylor
Hello everyone! It is so good to be back! Sorry that I was MIA last week, but I needed the time to relax and recharge on my vacation with the fam. It felt great to take time to really relax! (Check out all my #latergrams going up on my Instagram account @bellaperfectionista!) So, with that said we went down south to South Carolina to spend our last vacation of the summer. There was a sign up in one of the restaurants we ate at that said, “No one retires up north.” Ha! Very true! My Hubby and I so easily could be gypsies . We love new places and learning about cultures so we try to visit different places as much as we can. I wish we were still on vacation, but I have been buried under a pile of laundry since yesterday that I climbed out of to write this post. Back to reality for me!
We stayed in these adorable and colorful cottages for our time there (and we played miniature golf so many times with the littles). Hope everyone is having a great week. Stop back!
Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale goes until Aug. 4th and here are a few items that I am still craving. I obviously won’t be able to get the gamut but these are what I would if I could. I got these boots from the sale so far and I cannot wait to pair them up with some skinny jeans and sweaters in the fall. I have been hit or miss here this week, so thank you for sticking with me. Tons of stuff happening on the home-front (all good) but I just can’t find enough hours in a day! I have been craving doing some home decorating and these pieces called out to me. Also, all I can say about the sign in the home collage above is that we are full-blooded Italians. If you are Italian you will totally get that sign because the chances are your family is just the same
The Look: DRESS, Forever 21 (not online anymore, but I love this one) :: SUNGLASSES, Loft (similar here) :: GREEN STONE NECKLACE, found in the spa store at Hershey Spa :: ARROW NECKLACE, Stella & Dot :: SANDALS, Boden
This dress was on sale at Forever 21 a few months ago and I snagged it. I loved the black background with the floral design and I loved the back cut out. I bought it knowing that it would probably need work since I always have trouble buying off the rack. So I took it to my favorite seamstresses at Maridadi Couture where they were able to hem, pull in and put cups in the chest area so I wouldn’t need to worry about a bra. Now I love the dress even more. It is super comfy and light to wear on those really hot days. It definitely is a great go-to option in my everyday rotation. Sometimes I love buying a piece at a bargain price and then paying to make it tailored to me. If you haven’t tried doing this yet, you should give it a try! And just for the record I am not a redhead. It is funny how the images make my hair look so red! Summer is a horrible time for my hair because even though it is dark it bleaches really easily. I can’t wait until my hair appointment next week to get some of this brassiness out!
Hope everyone is having a great week!
This past Friday started the Nordstrom’s Anniversary sale! One of my favorite, favorite sales of the year. Normally around this time, as strange as it may sound, I am starting to think about my fall wardrobe. I am not done with the warm weather yet, I just like to start thinking about what pieces I would like to add to my closet come the cooler weather. I love this sale because you can do just that—it isn’t just spring and summer clothes and accessories on sale. Above are only a few of my choices—my poor wishlist! I am going to have to narrow it down a lot more because there is no way that I can get everything on it! It is a great time to purchase a designer piece that you may not buy otherwise. Getting a designer piece on sale has a sense of satisfaction to it for some reason. What are some of the pieces that you love? I’d love to hear about them!
Hope everyone is having a great start to the week. Check back for more fashion this week!
The Look: T-SHIRT, J. Crew :: PANTS, Saks Fifth Avenue :: HEELS, Boston Proper :: EARRINGS, via Socialbliss :: BODY CHAIN, via Socialbliss :: CLUTCH, Melie Bianco (Socialbliss) :: NECKLACE, Nordstrom :: SUNGLASSES, Nordstrom
Lucky me! I was able to get an early style box from Socialbliss this month to see the newest pieces. It is also perfect timing because this month new subscriptions can get $5 OFF any plan with code: NSJULY5. No better time to give the style box a try! In the images above I am styling the pieces that I received! July is all about summer metallics! It was so much fun styling these pieces! (If you haven’t heard about Socialbliss yet, or are new to reading the blog check out this post from last month to get up to speed :). Briefly, the style box is a monthly subscription box full of the hippest, hottest trends! I look forward to them each month!
The pieces from the July Summer Metalltics Style Box are:
- The beautiful gold clutch you see above by Melie Bianco is amazing and one of my favorite pieces in the box. I actually was looking for a gold bag and this one even comes with a pretty gold chain to make it a shoulder bag! It is a great size too.
- I love the gold bead earrings too. They are my style. I love simple, elegant jewelry and I know I will be wearing these very often. They are perfect for dress up or down.
- The gold body chain is really a hot trend right now. It can go over loose or tight fitting clothes and they look amazing with a tight dress. I know that I will be wearing it with my bikini on my upcoming beach vacation.
- The single flare lashes are so pretty. Now I just have to overcome my fear of putting fake lashes on…I will learn though! I have never worn false lashes unless a make-up artist has done them for me so no time like the present to try!
- And in honor of Oscar de la Renta’s birthday month the Oscar de la Renta Espirit rollerball was a great surprise scent. It went straight into my purse because it is awesome to have on the go! I love the scent full of Sicilian lemons and orange plus many other beautiful notes. It is such a clean summer scent. I really love it!
Also, let me mention that I love these pants. They are so comfy, yet you can really dress them up. If you are looking for a more economical version try these first. I noticed that they had some great solid colored ones too that I will probably snag here!
I love being an Insider with Socialbliss! If you love fashion, style and beauty I highly suggest you sign up! The subscription is only $39.95 per month (this month’s was over $170 worth of products) and you will receive products valued over $100. If you have any questions about it, let me know! And like I always say—If it wasn’t worth it, I would tell you! Check out the promo code above for a savings on your first try.
Hope everyone is having a great start to the week!